What Should I Look for in Fire Sprinkler Suppliers and Installation Companies?
In order to work effectively, your fire sprinkler system should be installed correctly and well-maintained. The components should be all be in working order. The only way to ensure this is to choose an installation and maintenance company that has access to the best fire sprinkler suppliers and manufacturers.
An ideal supply company will have access to fabrication facilities that are backed by strict quality control procedures. Everything from the sprinkler heads to the pipe fittings should be designed with the highest standards.
Reliable fire sprinkler suppliers are able to offer the following:
- Parts and accessories that are constructed to meet high-impact requirements
- Systems that are exceptionally smoke and fire resistant
- NFPA-rated components for use in hazard applications
- Durable products that have long-term reliability
- All National Fire Protection Association requirements met
Whether you plan on having a plastic or metal pipe system installed, the material should be the highest quality possible of its type.
Keep in mind that a sprinkler system is complex and consists of numerous components including:
|- Pipes||- Compressors|
|- Pipe fittings||- Backflow preventers|
|- Valves||- Hangars|
|- Sprinklers||- Air compressor tank mount|
|- Sprinkler heads||- Refractometers|
All parts should be tested and guaranteed to work.
When doing research on a supplier, make sure they are associated with trusted safety organizations, including the National Fire Protection Association, Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, Canadian Automatic Sprinkler Association, and Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs.
Don’t have the fire sprinkler system installed until you do a bit of research on the brands. Find out what brands the supplier carries and make sure those brands are known for their quality and reliability. Ask the installer which brands their supplier(s) work with. You will also want to check and make sure that the supplier you are interested in offers the type of sprinkler system that would be ideal for your needs.
Quality fire protection equipment also carries the approval of recognized industry-leading testing laboratories, such as the Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC), Factory Mutual Research Corp, and Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
The benefits of working with good installers and suppliers include:
- Long lasting products that are corrosion-free and offer decades of service life.
- Lower total installation costs due to ease of application.
- Significant increase in survival chances in the event of a fire.
- Reduced cost of repairs due to damages caused by a fire. As long as the system is working properly, it will suppress the fire and keep it from spreading.
- Faster inspections and easier maintenance.
- A lot of savings from not having to buy replacement parts.
- A reliable system that works just as it is guaranteed to work, as you won’t have to worry about problems such as accidental activation.
You will obviously want the installation to work right the first time, so that you won’t need to pay a lot of money for repairs and a second installation. Working with a company that acquires parts from a reliable supplier is essential. Lumar Fire Protection Inc. is a great place to start your search for fire sprinkler suppliers and services.